Dataset: BRUVS (TM) - Fish and Benthic survey of Townsville Midshelf Reefs 2000-04-08 to 2000-04-10
The dataset comprises 624 individuals from 67 species of fishes, sharks, rays and sea snakes observed at 6 sites (Townsville Midshelf Reefs) using 18 baited remote underwater video stations (BRUVS(TM)).
Approximately 3500 of the best images from all BRUVS (TM) projects are stored in a reference library.
Data recorded concern:
- classification of the habitat in the field of view (topography, sediments, benthos)
- the identity of fish and CAABCODES
- their time of arrival
- their behaviour (8 categories, including feeding on the bait)
- their maturity (adult or juvenile)
- their relative abundance (as MaxN = the maximum number visible at one time, or distinguishable at different times as separate individuals e.g. much larger/smaller, male/female)
- the time elapsed before MaxN and feeding occurs.
A custom interface has been developed by AIMS staff, using Microsoft Access, for reading and analysis of BRUVS(TM) tapes.
- Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Create Date: 24/06/2017
- Update Date: 10/10/2017
- Landing Page: https://data.gov.au/dataset/d9b77e8e-cbe1-4653-9005-2299948aebc9
- Biological Classification
- Fish , Sharks/Rays/Chimaeras
- Reptiles , Lizards/Snakes
- Sea snake