Dataset: Macquarie Island Special Management Areas
Macquarie Island Nature Reserve Special Management Areas were originally defined for 2003/04 and have since been updated.
Special Management areas are declared from year to year to protect vulnerable species, vegetation communities or sites extremely vulnerable to human disturbance.
Related URLs below provide:
1 the download of a shapefile with the boundaries of the Special Management Areas; and
2 a link to the website of Parks and Wildlife Service, Tasmania with information about the Special Management Areas.
- Australian Antarctic Division (Commonwealth of Australia)
- Create Date: 11/12/2015
- Update Date: 12/12/2015
- Landing Page: https://data.gov.au/dataset/86d76b95-c7cb-47cc-8e54-365ba72c6c7f
- EARTH SCIENCE - HUMAN DIMENSIONS - BOUNDARIES - ADMINISTRATIVE DIVISIONS
- GEOGRAPHIC REGION - POLAR
- MACQUARIE ISLAND
- OCEAN - SOUTHERN OCEAN
- OCEAN - SOUTHERN OCEAN - MACQUARIE ISLAND
- SPECIAL MANAGEMENT AREA