Dataset: Holme Bay penguin colonies digitised from 1992-3 Linhof aerial photography
Aerial photography (Linhof) of penguin colonies was acquired over the Holme Bay (Eric Woehler).
The penguin colonies were traced, then digitised (John Cox), and saved as DXF-files.
Using the ArcView extension 'Register and Transform' (Tom Velthuis), The DXF-files were brought into a GIS and transformed to the appropriate islands. Data conforms to SCAR Feature Catalogue which can be searched (refer to link below).
- Australian Antarctic Division (Commonwealth of Australia)
- Create Date: 10/12/2015
- Update Date: 12/12/2015
- Landing Page: https://data.gov.au/dataset/83a735fa-286b-493b-a0cf-42e741a139c0
- AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHS
- CONTINENT - ANTARCTICA - Holme Bay
- EARTH SCIENCE - BIOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION - ANIMALS-VERTEBRATES - BIRDS
- EARTH SCIENCE - BIOSPHERE - TERRESTRIAL ECOSYSTEMS - ISLANDS
- GEOGRAPHIC REGION - POLAR
- HOLME BAY