Dataset: BRUVS (TM) - Fish and Benthic survey of South Scott Reef Lagoon 1999-11-28 to 1999-12-08
The dataset comprises 937 individuals from 233 species of fishes, sharks, rays and sea snakes observed at 24 sites (South Scott Reef Lagoon) using 113 baited remote underwater video stations (BRUVS(TM)).
Approximately 3500 of the best images from all BRUVS (TM) projects are stored in a reference library.
Data recorded concern:
- classification of the habitat in the field of view (topography, sediments, benthos)
- the identity of fish and CAABCODES
- their time of arrival
- their behaviour (8 categories, including feeding on the bait)
- their maturity (adult or juvenile)
- their relative abundance (as MaxN = the maximum number visible at one time, or distinguishable at different times as separate individuals e.g. much larger/smaller, male/female)
- the time elapsed before MaxN and feeding occurs.
A custom interface has been developed by AIMS staff, using Microsoft Access, for reading and analysis of BRUVS(TM) tapes.