Dataset: BRUVS (TM) - Fish and Benthic survey of Shoals: Townsville 2007-11-12 to 2007-11-19
The dataset comprises 1109 individuals from 73 species of fishes, sharks, rays and sea snakes observed at 10 sites (Shoals: Townsville) using 22 baited remote underwater video stations (BRUVS(TM)). 299 images were captured from these cameras.
Approximately 3500 of the best images from all BRUVS (TM) projects are stored in a reference library.
Data recorded concern:
- classification of the habitat in the field of view (topography, sediments, benthos)
- the identity of fish and CAABCODES
- their time of arrival
- their behaviour (8 categories, including feeding on the bait)
- their maturity (adult or juvenile)
- their relative abundance (as MaxN = the maximum number visible at one time, or distinguishable at different times as separate individuals e.g. much larger/smaller, male/female)
- the time elapsed before MaxN and feeding occurs.
A custom interface has been developed by AIMS staff, using Microsoft Access, for reading and analysis of BRUVS(TM) tapes.
- Australian Institute of Marine Science (Commonwealth of Australia)
- Create Date: 24/06/2017
- Update Date: 10/10/2017
- Landing Page: https://data.gov.au/dataset/59035c57-473e-46d9-a2d0-cc6d18926dc5
- Aquatic Ecosystems
- Benthic Habitat
- Biological Classification
- Coastal Processes
- Community Dynamics , Community Structure
- Ecological Dynamics
- Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Impacts
- Fish , Ray-finned Fishes
- Fish , Sharks/Rays/Chimaeras
- Human Dimensions
- Marine Park zoning
- Marine Protected Areas
- Representative Areas Program