Dataset: BRUVS (TM) - Fish and Benthic survey of Southern Great Barrier Reef 2007-07-31 to 2007-08-12
The dataset comprises 2566 individuals from 194 species of fishes, sharks, rays and sea snakes observed at 18 sites (Southern Great Barrier Reef) using 35 baited remote underwater video stations (BRUVS(TM)). 973 images were captured from these cameras.
Approximately 3500 of the best images from all BRUVS (TM) projects are stored in a reference library.
Data recorded concern:
- classification of the habitat in the field of view (topography, sediments, benthos)
- the identity of fish and CAABCODES
- their time of arrival
- their behaviour (8 categories, including feeding on the bait)
- their maturity (adult or juvenile)
- their relative abundance (as MaxN = the maximum number visible at one time, or distinguishable at different times as separate individuals e.g. much larger/smaller, male/female)
- the time elapsed before MaxN and feeding occurs.
A custom interface has been developed by AIMS staff, using Microsoft Access, for reading and analysis of BRUVS(TM) tapes.
- Australian Institute of Marine Science
- Create Date: 24/06/2017
- Update Date: 10/10/2017
- Landing Page: https://data.gov.au/dataset/08e1f584-f2f2-4cdf-b0d6-36c37babfc09
- Aquatic Ecosystems
- Benthic Habitat
- Biological Classification
- Coastal Processes
- Community Dynamics , Community Structure
- Ecological Dynamics
- Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Impacts
- Fish , Ray-finned Fishes
- Fish , Sharks/Rays/Chimaeras
- Human Dimensions
- Marine Park zoning
- Marine Protected Areas
- Representative Areas Program